Where is the Idle control valve on a 1984 Ford tempo GL? I cant find mine, and feel like a tard cuz of it! :P

105

Asked by Jan 06, 2011 at 11:49 PM about the 1984 Ford Tempo

I need some help.  cant Find the ICV and need to clean it. can anyone help?

should be in TB.what is the problem,why do u feel the IAC or ICV is called IAC is bad.

105

i was talking to a guy about my car and he said it sounds like i idle air control valve

no they hardley ever go bad,they do get some buildup of carbon in them,you can clean it with carb cleaner,just dont push the tube inside it just spray and let dry,im not sure the 84 has this,but if it does like posted is on throttle body,2 tourx screws,1 plug in and is round & about a inch long.

A screw on the carburetor. I have the same exact car, same color too.