Oil leak from below valve cover gasket, replaced distributor o-ring, was told by mechanic it's not head gasket. Was told it might be oil pressure relief valve base plate??? O-ring?. Oil leak slow.

Asked by Nov 14, 2014 at 01:50 PM about the 1991 Ford Festiva L

1991 Ford Festiva. 136000 k's.  
Started just after buying it.  Not
much of a mechanic but have a
friend who helps me but we can't
sort this one out.

Any updates to this? Can you provide a picture (or several) of the areas with the most oil? And do you own an inspection mirror? If not, look into getting one, they're great for issues like this. Long flex handle with 1.5" ish mirror on the end.

Good idea, I'll try to get a mirror. Thanks, I'll try to get some pics up too.

Ralph, how's it going? Did you figure anything out by looking around behind the engine? If you still need some help, snap some pics sometime and throw them up here.