92 Dodge Ram

Asked by Jun 12, 2017 at 12:48 AM about the 1992 Dodge RAM 250 2 Dr LE 4WD Extended Cab LB

My battery has spark my lights power windows
everything works but when I turn the key the wait to
start light and radio doesn't come on and doesn't
turn over how can I have enough spark to work led
headlights and power windows but not enough to
make the rest of my lights come on and turn the
truck over?

20,935

Led's take very little voltage. Have the battery load tested. Confirm all battery connections are clean, secure and the terminal wires are good, meaning no corrosion inside the insulation and tightly secured. Check the Alternator as it may have went out and drained the battery while running the engine on the battery too long and test the starter too when testing the battery & alternator at a parts store. Does your battery have 13.6 volts? If its a cheap 2-3 year battery? They are junk. Buy a real battery for a Dodge. Starter motors take more voltage than any other item. The starter will have power to it if any battery power is there, just may not be enough or connections are poor. The solenoid may be bad if it does nothing try to jump across it with a insulated screw driver. Check all fuses under dash & hood and the main circuit breakers.

20,935

Check ground to frame too from battery and motor.