1985 dodge

Asked by Feb 17, 2016 at 03:15 PM about the 1985 Dodge RAM 250 Standard Cab LB 4WD

My 85 dodge 250w will turn over and start
but dies right after if you hold the key on it
will stay running I have changed the
ignition switch, ignition coil and spark
plugs still won't start any ideas

70

I had a 97 Jeep GCL that I would have to double start. Then I came up with a scheme that worked. I would turn the key until I got to the ON position and wait until the count of 10 and then turn the key to start her. She would start every time. I changed out the fuel pump. Then when it got colder she would be obstinate and insist on me starting it and then stopping the starter before she caught and then starting again. She would start every time then. I spent boookoo bucks trying to figure out why she kept doing this....I finally sold her last summer and started out with another headache to work on. I dumped about $1K in her trying to figure out the problem.....hope you don't have to blow too much money.....