Ford Tempo heater not working

Asked by Sep 01, 2011 at 07:10 PM about the 1992 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

My tempo's heater is not working. The vents will blow out cold air but not hot. Also I have noticed the engine temperature is often very high almost in the red part of the gauge. What could be wrong?

stuck thermostat.how long you been driveing it this way.it has a aluiminum head,it will warp-crack at high temps,plus blow a head gasket.take it out until you can get a new one.

135

I am having the same problem and just replaced the thermostat today n tried it but still cold air?

3,500

Try flushing your heater core. Remove the heater hoses from the heater core and put a garden hose on one side. Flush thoroughly with medium pressure, then change sides. You'll be surprised at the amount of crap that comes out of those things.

135

the guy at part store said there is a switch under the dash that might have been turned off n I cant find it to see it that's the problem