I have a 2005 PT Cruiser the wires in the wiring harness to the trunk lid broke, had the wires wired back once, broke again. Where can I get a new harness?

Asked by Jul 06, 2013 at 07:24 PM about the 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base Convertible

The wiring harness to the trunk lid seems to be too tight causing the wires to break. I took my car to the Chrysler dealer where I bought it, had a lot of work done (pleased with that) but also wanted the harness replaced. Gentleman in repair said he ordered it but never came up with it. So would like to know where I can purchase a harness and have someone else install it. Thanks.

20,965

I don't know if there is a "wiring harness" to the trunk lid- we're only talkin' about, what 3 or 4 wires? 3rd light wire, courtesy light, license plate light what else? Just take each wire and repair it, lengthen it- maybe they are binding up on something, caught in the channels where they emerge- strange problem, but usually the term "wiring harness" refers to the whole loom of wires in the car- or major subsections of it, like, dash wires- maybe I'm wrong and the PT Cruiser Gurus will correct me

Attached is a photo of the harness – More information from the dealership (hatch jumper harness) Part #69082. Thank you.

20,965

So they call it a harness- OK- why can't they just order it and put it in?

Gee! I like you answer, if only that would work. I took the vehicle to the dealership on May 20, 2013 and work completed on May 25, 2013 sans the harness. I checked on the harness on 06/04 received a reply "Good Morning I'll go check on it". No response. Therefore, I am trying to purchase a harness and have someone else install it. Helen_G

20,965

This hatch harness is only a dealer item, I'm sure- you have the manufacturer's part number- check back with the dealer again, they may have it by now- if you don't like the dealer, call another dealer, ask them about it, order it and have them ship it to you (or pick it up) then have your favorite independent mechanic install it- any mechanic would love this job, and love you- they call it "gravy"