The "Park Lights" fuse under the dash keeps blowing and I cannot find the cause.

1,265

Asked by Oct 26, 2012 at 05:21 PM about the 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited

The other day during the very early morning hours I was driving up to the Bay area. I noticed when changing lanes that the
left blinker would not blink... it just stayed solid. After about an hour, the parking lights and dash lights went out. When I
got home, I found the "Park Lights" fuse under the dash had blown. I replaced it and it blew again, twice. Any ideas about
what might be the cause?

110,085

Blinker staying solid typically indicates that one of the blinker bulbs on that side of the car is bad. A bad bulb that shorts out could cause the fuse to blow. I would start with checking the blinker bulbs on the left side. If cant tell which might be bad remove bulbs from left side and in stall fuse. If does not blow inspect bulbs or replace both with new. Hope this helps.

1,265

Well the blinker had gone back to blinking normally. So, tomorrow I'm going to take out each bulb and see if I can get it all figured out.

1,265

Well, I worked on this all afternoon yesterday... all the bulbs are fine. Fuses still blow. And now the blinkers don't work at all. I think there must be a short in a wiring harness somewhere... so I will have to take it to my mechanic to check it out.

110,085

Did you try pulling the flasher relay. (Module).

1,265

No, I didn't try that yet... but I have ordered a new lights switch arm of the multifunction switch (that I ordered because of the faulty fog light switch) which should probably arrive tomorrow, so I will check it out when I am into the steering column with installing it.