Normal temp but steam in the car

Asked by Jan 01, 2015 at 10:08 PM about the 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base

I can smell coolant when I turn on the heat in my 2004 Cruiser. It also fogs up the
center of the windshield and if I leave it on, it fogs up all of the windows.The only way
to keep the windows from fogging up is to turn on cold air. They have fogged up when
no one has been in the car for several hours. The car is not overheating. The radiator
is full and there is no leakage inside or on the ground under the car. The reservoir
needs to be completely filled but it isn't empty.Any ideas?

Sounds like you might have a small leak in your heater core.

Likely source is a crack/ leak in the rubber hose leading into the heater itself. More than likely this break is under the dash on the right side of the car. Check under the hood at the center, where the hose goes into the car. Good Luck

Heater core issue.. Pressure test the system, if it doesn't hold 15 psi then you have a leak. with the pressure tester on the car at 15 psi, look for visible leaks on the ground, under the hood and for the heater core, check the duct work under the dash on the passenger side. you may even have a wet carpet on that side. If possible. It could be a simple hoes at the heater core and not the actual core itself.. good luck.

i have 2003 pt cruiser an have heat in side it normal heat ther no leaks or over heating nothing like that i just cant up to wind sheild