I have a2003 PT Cruiser, I drove it home from work on Sunday and parked in the driveway. Monday I went to go to the store and it wouldn't start but is turning over. I pulled the starter and battery and the plugs. The started tested good and battery bad so I replaced it. Replaced the air filter and plugs too and then it still wont start! It still turns over but wont fire. I checked Fuel pressure at the test port at 80 psi and compression at the cylinder, all good. I am out of ideas and money is tight, what am I missing? Any suggestions?

Asked by Aug 22, 2012 at 01:47 PM about the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base

P T Cruiser won't start

check elect. coil pack, make sure you are geting spark to the plugs.

Same problem with my 01. I have been able to reset other vehicle computers, but not this one. I did read one answer that suggested holding the trip reset button while turning the key to the run position to turn ignition on, but not cranking. Then turn it off, and it resets the guages somehow, and perhaps the computer. I plan to try that as soon as I get home. Good luck, and if you find an answer that prevents you from getting raped by the dealership, please let me know. Thanks, and have a blessed day, Jeff (bubbajump63@hotmail.com)