Check engine light and not shifting

Asked by Apr 07, 2016 at 02:54 PM about the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited

I have a 2002 or cruiser and as soon as I fill it up
with gas my check engine light comes on and as
I'm driving the car doesn't want to shift out of 22nd
gear. I keep getting codes p1684 and 0700 please
somebody tell me that there is something that I
can do to fix this problem

p1684 code.

p0700, code.

P0700 CHRYSLER - Transaxle Control System Malfunction... Possible causes... - Shorted or open circuit within Transmission Control Module (TCM) - Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)... Since the P0700 is just and informative code, check the TCM for more codes to resolve the problem... Possible symptoms... - Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) - Driveability problems - Transmission shifting problems... P0700 Chrysler Description... The transaxle Control Module (TCM) monitors the malfunction of sensors and actuators relating to transaxle control. When the TCM detects a malfunction with the control, a signal is send to the Engine Control Module (ECM) to trigger the Engine Light or Service Engine Soon light. The ECM stores the P0700 code and it means the TCM detected a malfunction with the transaxle controls. P1684 CHRYSLER - Battery Power To Module Disconnected... Possible causes... - Battery was recently disconnected - Transmission Control Module (TCM) was replaced or disconnected - Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM) - Transmission Control Module (TCM) harness is open or shorted - Transmission Control Module (TCM) circuit poor electrical connection.... If other codes are present, check and repair other codes first. Make sure the battery charge is OK and the battery connectors are firmly secure... This code is set whenever Transmission Control Module (TCM) is disconnected from battery power B+ or ground. It will also be set during the DRB III Quick Battery Disconnect procedure.

Rowefast All of that was done and it is still doing the same thing and I don't understand what's going on or how to fix it. I do know that it is very frustrating!!!

Did you look up joemom's web sights that he suggested?