Muffler question for a 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX v8

5

Asked by Jan 15, 2013 at 03:16 PM about the 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX

I have acquired a set of mufflers, Flowmaster two chambers 40 series with offset inlet and offset outlet, from a 93' Ford Mustang lx. I was wondering if they would fit on my 93 Thunderbird. I want to keep the cats and the pipes all original except for the mufflers at the end. Would these Mufflers fit onto the Bird with aspect to the pipe sizing (diameter), but overall size of the mufflers and the inlet and outlet locations?
I was hoping that these mufflers would work for my car, without having to buy two new mufflers. Thank you.

98,025

You're going to have to measure the size of you Tbird pipe. The measure the size of the muffler inlet pipe. If they are different, you'll need a reducer. Next you have to measure how much room you have on the Tbird to install a muffler and measure how long and wide the Flowmaster is. While you are under the car, start thinking how you are going to support them and where the tips are going to go.