WHY DOES MY FORD RANGER TURN OVER BUT DOESNT START THE ENGINE

Asked by putty May 12, 2013 at 06:54 PM about the 1993 Ford Ranger Sport Standard Cab SB

NEW BATTERY HAS GOOD POWER FLOWING TURNS OVER BUT WONT START
TRUCK

209,595

If you have a code reader for the OBD1 for a Ford then you can pull the memory codes and come back here for further help. I don't know what engine you have. 4 cylinder 8 spark plug or a V6.

575

Depends on if it's the newer injection or older carb motor, the carb you should try pumping fuel pedal three times, then crank (father had to do with an 84 bronco II, same drivetrain in ranger, 6 cylinder). Newer ones check the fuel shut off switch, spark plugs, and fuel level (don't always rely on the gauge).

310

2005 Ford ranger Ltd won't started but wants to cranck

210

My Ranger will turn over but won't start I have changed the fuel pump

210

I have a similar problem. I have a 1997 Ford Ranger with a 4.0 Liter V6 in it. It is a stick and it has 4 wheel drive. We changed the fuel pump in it and had to change our the fuel pump relay, it started and drove to the store and back. We shut it off and then we have been trying to figure out what is wrong with it because it just won't start up and run again. It has briefly turned over and started for just a second 2 times after we shut it off but it mostly just turns over but refuses to start and run. It is getting fuel and it is getting spark. Please help. I am completely clueless as to what it could be that is causing it to do this.

I have same vehicle and same problem first time for me Try to get the code from the ICU. Obd2 it will tell you what could be the problem. This is the internal computer that runs the vehicle and just Google it Love my truck If you could get the code please posted here I have tried to retrive the code and it said no codes are available on my!.. Sad

10

I have a 1987 2.9l ford ranger that just cranks will not turn over

I have a 1987 ford ranger v6 and I filled it up with gas drove 63 miles started up hill started slowing down so I shifted into 4th and it bogged down and went dead and want start turns over and over

Ford Rangers also have a fuel interrupter switch located behind the glove box and mounted to the firewall. press down on the rubber button on the top, if you feel a "click" then the interurrupter engaged for some reason and you just reset it. This is a safety feature with commonly gets finnicky as the truck ages and runs rough. Any time this sensor feels a jolt it assumes you were in an accident and shuts down the fuel pump. Older trucks with loose motor mounts or front ends, tend to jar the firewall when you start up the engine. If you want to replace the part,do not buy one online....go to ford because they do not recommend you reinstall the new switch on the firewall. They have retroactively stocked a new switch and an extension cable so that it can be relocated to under the fuse box on the passanger side floor board.