its a 1993 ford festiva iy starts and dies

Asked by Oct 10, 2016 at 01:23 PM about the 1993 Ford Festiva L

6,625

Could be a vacuum leak, idle air control sensor (unplug it and see if it'll run -- grayish insulator connected to blue cylinder on the drivers side of the intake manifold - has 4 hoses, two big, two small, and is bolted on with two bolts. It's just a two pin connector), fuel issue, air issue?... check your VAF plug (passenger headlight area - 1.5"ish long plug, two metal lock clips should be engaged) and make sure it is plugged in. Could be O2 sensor on the exhaust, too I suppose. Is your check engine light on? There's a way to run the code, plug in a ground wire I think - up by the coil, then it flashes long/short and you count them and then look it up. Keep me posted - I'm subscribed. Also, have you heard of www.fordfestiva.com ?