1993 5 speed Ford Festiva won't go forward or in reverse. Clutch ok and Transmission ok.?. Please help. Love this car. Had two Thanks

45

Asked by Apr 30, 2007 at 09:20 PM about the 1993 Ford Festiva GL

Went around a corner, shifted and heard a light pop.  No forward or reverse.  Lifted car up on one side - high, then let down after inspection. Transmission ok, Clutch ok.  Car went forward and reverse for 15 feet, then no forward or reverse.  Please help. Would like to save the car from Festiva heaven.

Thanks

ren

32,105

It could be the timing belt. Have you checked it at all? It would stop the car from going backwards and forwards. Hopefully it's not because if the timing belt breaks while the car is in motion it can bend the engine valves. Have it checked out. Couldn't hurt.

55

If the timing belt broke the engine wouldn't run. I think what he it saying is the engine runs it just doesn't move. Also Festiva engines are none interference engines so is the timing belt breaks the pistons will not hit the valves. Since there was a pop while turning it makes me think you may have broken a CV joint. Could be a lot of thing though really.

145

cv joint

185

Derrick hit the nail on the head, its one of the drive axles. mine did the same thing.replacing the axle fixed it.