any one with starting problems maybe bcm?

Rick Gaddis

Asked by Jun 14, 2015 at 04:04 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4 Dr LS Crew Cab SB HD

turn key and nothing happens . hit the lock then unlock , sometimes two or three tries ,
then it cranks but wont start. only once it reset after changing the cam sensor  but never
reset again. tried all the bypass reset methods but to no avail. any suggestions or
answers would be helpful . im going nuts on this

2007.5 hit a bump and complicated many things, including no park pawl. Tranny seal had gone out at 20000 miles as the dealer was clearly stating that warranty would cover it. Towing a lot with a car hauler often with a 2500 lb mini escavator, I was ALWAYS gentle, even noticing the weight not having much effect on the Vortec 6.- The integrated factory braking system perfectly worked for a week. And half the parking brake was discovered frayed and blackened, prompting me to fix it for safety reasons alone. Before handing it over for an overhaul, the brake system had now been replaced by two large companies. One wasn't legally able to work on personal vehicles and was the second and last fix. The truck has four blunt wires and sometimes requires a proportional brake controller and the origional system cannot be replicated unless its reinstalled. GM said I get 1 hour diagnosis free but minimum $900 to remove what was determined as Useless since no telling what damage could result. I said they added an extra two wires and a cheap controller and then asked pricing a another module product extremely sensitive to grounds on both vehicles and was even without the option that they said. I quess its smarter to end the story and give my unproven advise. Something major may occur to that diesel or gas guzzler more subtly at first like the system you bought it for using at critical times that are rarely expected, which can spread like a virus of codes and SECURITY RELATED IGNITION PROBLEMS< Try to check the lighs if they indeed indicate security or anti-theft devices like keys arent the culprit. The BCM reads the value of resistance and passes it to the PCM which matches it with it was a sure taught answer. Ejen in fat the BCM reading the battery; with the poor grounds, MISSING CELLS, CORRODED TERMINALS AND THE LAST GUY WHO FOR A TON OF MONEY HAND TIGHTENED ONLY TWO OF THE LARGEST NEGATIVE GROUNDS FROM THE BATTERY TO THE ENGINE BLOCK AND THE FIREWALL, 2 OR THEM, PROTRUDING FROM BEHIND THE SPEEDOMETER. The hood is connected to the one on the firewall to prevent rust on the hinges indicating the fact to me that its hood had to be taken off at one point during the 18000 miles before my purchase and that the other one was never connected at the top.It was simply dangling collecting dust. Grounds, terminals and the obvious; then make sure the key is working the one chance you get before the vehicle takes itself out without he memory being set on the resistance for an inline resister on a starter circuit wire negating the throwing of a good but poorly-designed vehicle to the dealers, as they are more complicating then a morning conclusion that the resistor in the toaster may start the rejuvenation of a malady accepted as the norm today. $$$, soak braided ground wires in coca cola and 89 cents is owed. That includes the resistor matching fairly closely the origional bcm message to the PCM. Thank God for those who never give up.