I recently purchased a 1993 Ford Aerostar v6 4L and it drives great until I'd like to push about 80% or more on the gas pedal due to the engine running harder, but I don't notice much acceleration.

Asked by Nov 16, 2015 at 04:06 AM about the 1993 Ford Aerostar 3 Dr XL AWD Passenger Van

Additionally I can feel the vibration of
the engine working harder in the
pedal, but seems like more then
usual considering I don't notice
much acceleration.

Don't worry about it- it's amazing it still runs- it probably won't for much longer so just be supremely grateful every day it still gets you down the road-

Well I'd still like to diagnos the reason behind it. I'm hoping it's not a transmission problem, however I hear movement (like a thud) when I floor it.