I bought a low mileage 94 Ford Aerostar mini van that the air conditioning doesn't work. However, get this: The prior owner spent $900 trying to get it to work and it still doesn't work!

Asked by Jan 10, 2016 at 01:52 PM about the 1994 Ford Aerostar 3 Dr Eddie Bauer Passenger Van

How can this happen? The van has $900 worth of work: a new compressor,
condensor, hose, AC Oil, ACDye, refrigerant, manifold Hose Repair, evacuate,
recharge, everything, and still doesn't work. The repair shop is no longer
there. What could have happened? This was several years ago and the
previous owner never followed up on it, they just gave up.

It is no wonder that the repair shop is no longer in business. I am sorry about your problems but I think your only choice to get it working is to take it to a reputable shop and have them check it out.

The only thing you didn't mention is the evaporator in the cabin. When they did the dye test maybe they didn't actually look up under the dash... only did work under hood. But there are plenty of parts, such as orifice or expansion valve up under there. And it's no wonder that shop is not there anymore - charging $900 and not getting it fixed

Hi FoR. I typed half of that then had to do something, din't mean to repeat the part about the shop. Good morning

And Good morning back to you.