94' Tempo GL 4Cyl 2.8L 5Speed Auto

Asked by Jan 20, 2011 at 06:21 PM about the 1994 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

Hey Guys Want To Know How Far Out Should Throttle Screw Be Turned For Correct Idle Settings Mine Got Messed With By My Little Brother And Now When I Tweak It It Sits To High Or To Low And I Can't Afford Having Mechanic Hook It To A Computer They Want About $200 For That Around Here And From Dead Locked Position Need To Know How Many Turns In 1/4 1/8 1/2 and Full Turns To Correctly Reset The Throttle Idle Setting Screw Please Help All Work On My Tempo GL I Do Myself And Intend To Fix This Myself Also.

bad mistake by your brother,the idle is factory set no idle screw,what he turned is the computer control for cold start idle,the TB will have to be replaced to get it to run right,you should be able to get one out of a junk yard for a good price.