Can u put a Monte Carlo engine inside a Chevy caviler2011

Hastanahane Mexicancheyenne

Asked by Dec 13, 2014 at 07:12 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS

I have a Chevy Monte Carlo with body damage an I have a Chevy caviler yr 2011 can I
put the Monte carlo engine inside the Chevy caviler

No. Well with a ridiculous amount of time, tools and money it could be done. They didn't make a cavalier in 2011.

LOL. What TransAm77 said. Even if you meant a 2001 cavalier it would be too much work not mention the amount of money if you cannot DIY. The best option would be to trade or sell the monte for a cavalier motor, you should be able to come out with cash on top of the cavy motor with that deal. Or sell / trade the cavy for a monte or any other w-body car with a blown motor of the same type that is in your MC. Good luck.

Great follow up answer yetilikesbeer! Thank you. If you do put an engine in the cavalier don't waste you're money on a twin cam 2.4 liter, get a 2.2.

2.2 Ecotec or 2200, easiest would be a direct replacement of what it has already. The Ecotec would be nice, the 2200 is a dog. Have never touched an Ecotec yet. If the 2.4 Twin cam was maintained and the coolant flushed they can be reliable, at least the parts are getting cheaper. I would use a 2.3 Quad 4 because I hate the 2.4 balance shafts and lack of power. Most of the time it is the small little issues of these motors that baffle the techs and go unfixed. Usually with the coil packs and towers. Once you know the motor it is alright and can be very economical.

Oh yea the 2.2 ecotec is a GREAT engine. Not sure if it would be the time and money to dump that in or not. I just find the quad 4 and 2.4 head gasket eatin machines. Know them well or not they are JUNK and are about useful as a boat anchor, to me. LOL

Yup. Up here in Canada we have cooler temps in the summer, the issue isn't nearly as bad. The Quad 4's sell quick and high in Alberta but the Twin Cams usually go for cheap. You could make a decent living buying the twin cams, swaping the plastic coil holder and re-selling it. I like my OBD 1 so I tinker with the older motors. I run 3.4 TDC's as my dailys so the Quad 4 is a treat compaired to that bohemuth. My last GTZ had the head warp before I got it, they milled it and sold it. Tuned it up and with me and 400 lbs of stuff It would do 32 mpg at 75 - 80 mph. Still runs - hit a wolf and wrote it off. Have another '90 GTZ with 2% rust and new paint that I am going to fix. The guy ran it to 12,000 km without changing the oil and spun the #3 main, but included a parts motor. Will install the spare and re-build the orig.

Wow! I guess if you specialize in something you get quite good at it, LOL. I kind of specialize in 01-04 Montana's and Silhouette's. I tinker, fix n clean them up. The wife drives them while I've got it for sale.

I like my SBC's, but for my future plans I need light motors that have a good parts base with high power potential that can be easily attained for a low price. Right know it's the Quad 4 and LQ1 (plus when and if I start boosting they respond alot better than the rest of the GM motors, pound for pound of boost the 3.4 TDC will destroy the L87. The L87 will take alot more boost with a stock bottom end, but again I hate balace shafts). The L87 is getting cheaper but s/c is usless for me. Once the used ecotecs get cheaper I will look at them. The 3400 isn't that bad either. I will use them to but with a OBD 1 ECM. They are a dime a dozen and can be rounded up at any time. The Quad 4 cars and w-bodies are being crushed so I need those motors before there all gone.

Sounds like your a man on a mission, LOL. Good luck.