how do i check /repair the front bearings on a 94 ford aerostar with a electronic 4WD

Asked by Jan 15, 2014 at 07:07 PM about the 1994 Ford Aerostar 3 Dr XLT AWD Passenger Van

the left front tire locked up and threw me into the on-coming traffic lane.The brakes are fine but the hub seems "rumbley" and tight on the left side and loose and sloppy on the right. how do I check/replace the bearings ?

355

First of all, no more road trips until this is fixed. Jack the front end up and test each of the front wheels for movement top to bottom, and left to right. You will find that at least one wheel is just about falling off. You need to replace at least the wheel bearing and probably the hub for that wheel. Ideally, replace both front wheel bearings. I have no idea that you can or should do this yourself. If you can, go for it, but if I were you I'd have it done.