Hey there I have an 07 Toyota camry ce and have had it for about 3yrs or so but I have had a vale gasket leak I don't know how long it was leaking but car was running fine I was getting oil change

Asked by Mar 11, 2015 at 01:25 PM about the 2007 Toyota Camry CE

Now it's not cranking at all it was pulling a lil hard
when it was in drive the other day then it just died

It sounds like you may have a dead battery due to the alternator not charging it. Or the battery may be shot if it's been in the car for awhile. If battery is over 5 years old, you may want to buy a new one and see if the car fires up. Or if your current battery is new, get a jump start or charge it up and see if the car will run. Post back with results.

Ok my battery is ok I believe just got it last yr and the car had vale leak and when they tried to crank it up the starter had a lil smoke from it the belt wasn't moving . It tried to move just a little.

Someone said it mayb the motor locking up .

Your engine doesn't just "begin" to slowly lock itself up. It usually will start to make a very loud knocking noise, then it will seize up. That only happens when you run it completely out of oil. Other things can break, but it is usually accompanied by some engine noise. Is it at a shop right now or just out in your drive way?

It is in my driveway and when I was driving it Monday before this happen I did hear a lil rattle noise but not no loud noise knocking what u mean by seize up

When an engine seizes, it completely locks. Will not turn over at all. Like someone filled it with cement. Did your oil light come on while you drove it?

Well that's probably what it is cause yes it was on and when I pulled up to autozone it jus cut off it was driving a lil hard and when I got it crank back up I parked it went in autozone and bout 3quarts of oil the person there checked my oil said that I was like 2 low or almost 2 put them in car crank up but still driving a lil hard as I was heading down street it just cut off and would crank back up . So I tried to keep cranking it just made a click noise then I looked under hood and the belt was moving as trying to crank then I tried again a lil smoke came from starter area the belt move very little.

I meant heading down street it just cut off and wouldnt crank back up

When looked under hood belt wasn't moving then as I begin again as I was saying in the paragraph I put key in tried again to crank it it move jus a little

Okay. Then it sounds like you ran it too low on oil and the engine is locked up. You can take it to a shop and have it checked by them. But I think they will tell you that you will need to buy a whole new engine. When you turned the key and the starter overheated, that was because the engine wasn't turning over at all.

Ok thanks

I have another question can I trade it in even tho motor is prob gone to Toyota I do have car note but I only owe 7300 left on my car I got my payout quote .

I talk to someone there saying I can get it towed and they can appraise it and give me prob 4000 towards new car and the other towards I'm amusing note I never done a trade I never done a trade in before

Sure, you can always trade it in. It's either that or you will have to shell out around $3500 for a new engine plus labor. You will have to pay that bill up front. Your best bet would be to trade it in.