when driving my vette I get a splatter of fluid on the top of my left front fender and its eating away my paint,I checked my master cylinder,and its sealed not leaking l/f brake line is sealed no leaks found,I even wrapped the master cylinder with a plastic bag and no leaks found if there is anyone out there tthat cane help me it would be great

65

Asked by Sep 26, 2007 at 09:42 AM about the 1971 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

55

Check the brake lines. On one of my Impala's I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a pin-hole in one where it's coiled under the master cylinder. It only leaked (squirted out) when I pressed the brake pedal. Hope this helps.

65

still cant find any brake line leaks,I guess sooner or later I will figure it out.

635

I would check the proportioning valve. Its located way under the frame on the drivers side front quarter panel. You may have to jack her up to find it. The prop valve is where the six brake lines connect and distribute the fluid. Most of the brake like on the vette will be attached to the frame.

65

I did not think of inspecting the proportioning valve,but soon as I do I'll let you know how it goes,thanks.