I have found a white 66 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe with matching numbers and never rusted for $8,000....how can I be sure this is not a fraud? I am doing it over an auction on the internet and I am a little nervous....any suggestions please...HELP...Thank you!

southernbelle74
0

Asked by Mar 01, 2007 at 02:48 PM about the 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

never had an accident and there are no flaws on it or any other mechanical problems. It was kept in a garage most of the time after restoration. There is no rust on the frame, floor, trunk or body and all the electrical work such as headlights, turn signals etc. No lien against this vehicle, no salvage or flood history. It has a clean and clear title and it will be signed and notarized in your name as soon as the payment is completed. The buy it now price is $8,200
never had an accident and there are no flaws on it or any other mechanical problems. It was kept in a garage most of the time after restoration. There is no rust on the frame, floor, trunk or body and all the electrical work such as headlights, turn signals etc. No lien against this vehicle, no salvage or flood history. It has a clean and clear title and it will be signed and notarized in your name as soon as the payment is completed. Clean title and 66,000 miles

LouB
20,160

Hi southerbelle! You are probably focusing on the wrong issues here. The car as presented represents a viable deal but you seem to question the seller. I'm guessing your instincts are barking and it's always good to listen to your gut reaction. There's no reason that you should be put into a situation where you need to commit to transferring the funds without being able to have a look at the car in some shape or form and if the seller is twisting your arm, that's a red flag. I can't tell if the car is local or not but it wouldn't be out of line to talk to the local police to see if they know anything about the seller. It looks like you have already covered thefinancial pitfalls if you've checked VIN#s, liens, salvage, floods and title. I think you either need to travel to see the car yourself or find a local representative that will take a few buck to go lay his hands on the car to look for you. Good luck, and trust your instincts!

bovan
13,670

Dear southernbelle74-- Without a hands-on look at the 1966 Chevrolet Corvette, there is no way to check for fraud. All you can do when dealing over Ebay is to research the seller. How many items has he sold on Ebay and what kind of response and rating did he get from his previous buyers? This information is available at Ebay for you to see. I hope it works out for you. I have bought several items through Ebay, mostly Persian carpets, and the results have been better than expected (and I feared the worst.) But, I have never bought a car that way. Good luck from Bovan.

lovechevy
65

I have bought several cars on Ebay from all over the united states but would NEVER transfer any money without seeing and driving a vehicle. I thought about buying by looking at pictures but that doesn't always work as some only take pictures of the good side. Many times I have flew or drove to look at vehicles like the one you are describing to find out they were junk. There are also lots of scammers wanting you to send money first. Make sure you see what you are buying. Edd

Bob Beaman
29,065

Ebay = Buyer beware. Some good deals on E-bay and some really bad ones also.