why are my wipers not working properly?

5

Asked by Dec 30, 2015 at 05:39 PM about the 1995 Ford Taurus GL

yesterday, my left wiper stopped working. The right one worked fine until today. the right wiper is now stuck in the middle of the windshield. I can hear clicks when I try to use the washers as if there is elec. going to the motors. What could be wrong? I find it doubtful that both wiper moters failed within 36 hours of each other. About a week ago, my dome light would not turn off. I sprayed the  switches by the doors with wd40 and the light would still not turn off, i disconnected the fuse. My keyless entry no longer works and I can lock but not unlock the doors from the inside with the power locks. Can these issues be related??

72,155

Issues not related, The wiper arm probably is stripped out. There is a nut that holds them on that loosens up. There is only 1 wiper motor. Taking out that fuse may have disabled the door lock, The dome light staying on may just be in that switch by the door, have to take it out and disconnect it to see if the light goes out. Just may need a new switch.