Autometer Gauges Needles Jump with turn Signal

20

Asked by May 19, 2011 at 04:30 PM

I have a 1947 plymouth not original. It has a chevy 350 motor and a 12 volt system. I took out the original gauges and replaced them with autometer gauges. They work fine. When I use the turn signal the needles on the oil water and voltage gagues jump with the signal light. The gas gauge is fine. I thought it could be a ground. The gauges work fine except for the needles jumping when the turn signal is on. So far I can't find a solution to this. It's really not a problem because as soon as the turn signal is off the gauges work fine. If I can correct it that would be better..
Any help would be appreciated.

yes check grounds,make sure the flasher is not going bad.really dont worrie about it if it only happends with turn signals on.

20

Thanks for your response Papa. I will check the flasher next.