Can I replace a 2.0 L engine in a Plymouth Breeze with a 2.4 L engine?

Asked by Dec 25, 2014 at 02:22 PM about the 1998 Plymouth Breeze

I have a 1998 Plymouth Breeze with a 2.0 L engine.  I am wondering if I can replace it with a 2.4 L engine.  Are the connections the same, such as to the transmission?  

Thanks in advance for any information.

5,435

According to the stock numbers the transmisson is the same for the 2.0l and 2.4l

4,775

yes there are several issues you may run into is that the 2.0 is a SOHC engine and the 2.4 is a DOHV ....the PCM (power control moduale) will be different as well as the exhaust ...you may even have to change over the wiring harness...if you have a the whole car that the engine is coming out of then you will have everything you need ...the only thing is that if your vehicle has skim (security key ) then the pcm will not work if you swap them do to the key code is stored in the pcm as well as the skim module