Very Wide Back Tires.

20

Asked by Apr 09, 2008 at 09:32 PM

I have 1947 plymouth coupe With a chevy 350 and 400 turbo transmission. How do you get wide tires on the back without tubbing the fenders and without tires sticking out past the wheel well. I saw a 1955 chevy with big wide slicks on it and the fenders weren't cut, the car had the original shape fenders. I don't want to go as wide as the 55 I saw but would like to go wider. Now I have a 15" tire wirh a 7" or 8" wide rims.

14,565

You might be able to go as much as 10" wide, but this is ultimately determined by your fenders (outer) and frame (inner). The wheel offset (negative in this case) could play a part in getting a wider wheel to fit under your fender. Another option you have is to purchase a shorter rear-end and modify various under-carriage components and/or the frame. This would create the necessary room to fit whatever wheel you'd like.

Best Answer
20

Thank you, i appreciate that information.