My 1947 plymouth has manual brakes with floor pedal. Can I get a power cylinder for floor pedal?


Asked by Sep 18, 2008 at 01:29 PM

Question type: Car Customization

My 1947 plymouth has manual brakes with a brake pedal that comes from the floor. Can I replace this manual cylinder with a power booster master cylinder that hooks up in the same position under the floor? Also if I can replace it with a power master cylinder can I get a master cylinder with two seperate compartments, one for the front brakes and one for the back brakes? My manual cylinder only has one compartment that controls all the brakes. Can any one tell me where  to purchase these if they are available?

1 Answer


First, why do you want to do this. I was not available for your car. If you are going to modify your car, why not go all the way and go to a firewall opening and late model brakes. But if you are set on this idea, you might check Hemmings magazine for Chrysler Imperial brake system. It was a much larger car and power brakes were available. Also you might try A hydravac system like used on older small school buses.

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Plymouth Questions

Plymouth Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 920
#2 dandyoun
Reputation 430
#3 LouB
Reputation 330
View All