No heat in passenger compartment of 2009 Jetta 2.5 Ltr. Normal engine operating temps register on gauge.

Asked by Dec 30, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Engine temp running at normal but no heat in passenger compartment.  No leaks, coolant
looks clean and full.  Car only has 50K miles on it and engine running smoothly.

23,045

Might be a blend door problem (this assumes the blower motor is working). Get the engine up to temp and feel the heater core hoses to see if they are warm/hot. If both are warm/hot then the heater core is good. Move the temp selector from hot to cold and back, can you hear the blend door move? Feel/hear a difference in the air moving through the AC plenum box? If no I'd troubleshoot the blend door starting with the selector switch, making sure I had voltage on both sides of switch. When you're confident that is the problem Google a how-to guide on changing the blend door.