I want wider rear tires and wheels and flared fenders on my 99 Trans Am where do I go to get them?

Asked by Dec 23, 2013 at 08:40 AM

I'm 52 and own a 99 Trans Am and I want to give it the old muscle car look I remember from my youth with wider tires in back and original size in front. How wide can I get in the rear and where can I go to get the tires and the wheels to match front and back along with rear flared fenders to make it look even better?

217,195

http://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/1400963-widest-rim-tire-fit-2000-trans-am.html

4,425

I'm not aware of anyone making fender flare kits specifically for the 99 Trans Am, but there are plenty of universal fiberglas or carbon kits. Google "99 Trans Am Body Kits". They will need to be professionally cut and blended to the body. If you want to actually USE that additional fender space for a fat tire you'll need to cut the original fender wells and fabricate a new inner well to cover the gap. My point is, you can fit any size tire that makes you happy, but if you don't cut the original sheet metal away the flare is just for looks. Summit Racing has a huge selection of wheels for the "big and little" look.