I am going to buy new tires for my 1987 GT.

45

Asked by Nov 25, 2009 at 11:43 AM about the 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

The tires and wheels are the original factory sizes. I want to know if I can put tires that are one size wider than the originals. Would it work? How wide can they go?

35

yeah, you can put tires on that are a little wider than the factory sized tires. It would work just fine, the only thing is that where ever you choose to buy these tires from probably won't install them for you because they are not factory recommended size. This is because of insurance liability reasons. So if you have the tools to do it yourself, or you know someone who does, then go for it, otherwise, it may turn out to be a huge pain in the butt for you.

45

OK. Thanks!