I have a 99 cougar that's bright lights won't turn off even when the car is completely off.

Asked by Feb 16, 2015 at 07:50 PM

The lights are drainin my battery and
only come turn off when I disconnect
the battery. Need help as soon as
possible

7,615

Check your headlight relay, it should click when you turn the switch on and off, if it doesn't replace the relay. if that doesn't work test the headlight switch itself, worst case scenario it will be a bad lighting control module located under the dash to the right of the steering column

Best Answer

How do I test the relay and the switch itself?

7,615

Locate the headlight relay and fuse under the hood in the fuse box, have someone feel the relay as you turn on the switch it should click once for on and once when turned off, if it doesn't click and the fuse is good replace the relay. Hopefully that does the trick.