1960 BMW. follow up question

Asked by Nov 01, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I am an expat, currently living outside the states.  I have a small hotel, not in the auto
business. I recently learned the history of BMW.  In the late 1950's, early 1960's, the 700
and Isseta really saved the company.  To me, the 700 is a unique part of the history of
BMW.  
  There are so few 700's the U.S., for me it is a little difficult to get a fix on the value.  This
700 was restored, under 15,000 miles, very good condition to excellent condition.  I can
have it inspected by a BMW dealership here.  Shipping to U.S. cost is approx $1,300,
inclusive of all expenses.  
  What do people in this forum, who really know BMW's, think the realistic price would be
retail and, for comparison sake, to sell it to a classic dealer?  I appreciate your thoughts.

wow....extraordinary...sounds like Museum material...check the auto museums...perhaps they will buy it...for example Clark County Museum in Nevada frequently will BUY rare objects....Reno has a car museum....look in the book, you will find some museum to add it to their collection~