1975 ford 1000 tractor

Asked by Jul 11, 2016 at 01:32 AM

Why is the air blowing out of the
intake instead of blowing out of my
1975 ford1000 tractor?

73,865

Your wording is something else to be desired, but it may be backfiring. I would look at the ignition system, timing, look to see if the distributor shaft is worn, and make sure it is not flooding threw the carburetor. My guess at this point is that you have a worn distributor, the lobes wear down for the points, causing them not to open to the proper gap.

52,125

@Rowefast>>>>a Ford 1000 is a diesel powered tractor. If air is actually blowing out of the intake you either have a valve timing issue or an issue with an intake valve.

73,865

Well imagine that, if it where a gas engine I bet I would have ben on the right track! LOL

52,125

LOL, the older Ford tractors are diesel if the model number is in the thousands like, 1000, 4000, 6000 etc.

52,125

Something else that can cause a diesel to "blow" out the exhaust is if you do something that would cause it to crank the engine backwards. Battery polarity switched or the wrong starter in theory could do this.