I'm shopping for used F-150s or F-250s. The one I can afford have 100k miles on them. Some much more. How many miles do these things go before major repairs?

Asked by Aug 14, 2013 at 05:19 PM

241,705

Usually you start replacing parts in the 120-150K range. How major, it depends on how lucky you get.

485

It just depends.What year of truck,2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive,what engine,ect.If you are a person who likes alot of options on your vehicle that is just more things that can go wrong.Just ask yourself do I really need power seats,power locks,power windows,ect.And the big quetion is DO I REALLY NEED A F-250?DO I REALLY NEED A 4-WHEEL DRIVE?Just think of your needs and you will make the right choice.GOOD LUCK!!

Best Answer