2012 ford escape inquiry

30

Asked by Feb 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

car expert inquiries appreciated........

i'm planning on purchasing a ford escape hopefully, within the next 4-6 weeks.....
considering the size of the vehicle, would it be wise to get one with a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder motor?  

don't know if this is fact or just a general opinion, but someone from work told me that there is more strain on it with a 4 cylinder engine, lessening the life span of the vehicle and that it might result in more gas usage as well......

i live on a mountain, but 2/3 of my daily commute to work is straight highway and i was hoping that the 4 cylinder would save me some gas....help

1,115

The engines are built pretty good these days, so I don't think lifespan should be a concern. The 4 cylinder will be better on gas, but at a sacrifice of power, depends what you'd rather have. I have an '08 Tribute which is basically a Ford escape, I have the 3.0 6 cylinder engine. Gas mileage isn't bad, 24-28 mpg canadian gallons.

30

OH.....THANK YOU.....THAT WAS A BIG HELP.....MY MAIN CONCERN IS GETTING UP AND DOWN THE MOUNTAIN THAT I LIVE ON, BUT THE TRAVEL AFTER THAT IS FLAT....I'M THINKING THAT THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE WILL DO THE TRICK FOR THAT.....SPEED DOESN'T REALLY MATTER TO ME ..I PRESUME THAT THE PARTS FOR THE ESCAPE ARE INTERCHANGEABLE WITH TRIBUTE PARTS, SINCE IT'S BASICALLY THE SAME VEHICLE??

1,115

YES, except for the grill, tail lights and front fascia and a few other body parts, all mechanical parts are identical.

1,115

Here: