Can I put 225/60/r17 tires on my 2009 dodge avenger??? Its standard size is 215/60/r17 will they support the weight of my car?? Are they too wide for my wheel well? I have no idea? Please help :)

5

Asked by Apr 05, 2013 at 09:21 PM

the turning radius could be affected, you should put one on and see how much mud clearance, have it balanced and put them on~

what 10mm wider is going to not be able to support MORE weight. Should think your concerns would be with tightness of turning~ and road friction, good thing you've got power steering~

99,175

The larger tire is only 3/8 of a inch wider. You won't see, feel or know any difference.

5

Thanks for yalls help. I just ask cause the 215 when at full turn they. Do hit my wheel well so I wasn't sure about a 225...and I have a full set of 225's and need to take my studded 215s off so I wasn't sure if I should buy new 215s or stick with 225

whichever has more meat left on it~