When oil pump goes out on a 2006 Chrsyler 300C Hemi does engine need to be replaced

5

Asked by Mar 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C with Hemi engine apprx 106,000 miles. I drove my car to the market park, came back drove home no signs of any problems. Came back out to leave again car started & staled. Tryed to start car again, it would not stay running, had car towed to mechanic.  Mechanic said oil pump has gone out, engine needs to be replaced. Does engine really need to be replace, can't the oil pump be replace? How can you tell if the engine really needs to be replace?   Pz help I'm 69 yrs young and I don't have that kind of money to replace this engine!

35,605

Sorry to be the one to inform you but if the oil pump quit and you kept driving the motor will freeze up. Think of the oil as being blood and the oil pump as the hart. I don't have to tell you what happens next. Perhaps you can get a used engine from a wreck. But first get a second opinion.

That's odd I have the same car and when I got it it had the same miles and I'm having the same problem. You wouldn't be from California would you.

My 2005 300C Hemi only had 79k miles when the oil pump went bad. I could not find a mechanic anywhere that would try to replace it. Every shop I talked to wanted to replace the whole engine with a rebuild. The estimates I received were between $5000 & $9000 Crazy!