I am looking to buy my first car and I wanted to buy Audi as I am a fan of them. I know it is going to be a little more expensive than other cars but I am ready to put in money. Now my question is which car would be perfect? I was looking from 2000 to 2004 Under 3,000.

Asked by Aug 09, 2015 at 03:23 PM

Bob Beaman

Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar = expensive to repair and maintain especially used. Perhaps a Honda , Toyota or similar.

There are no "perfect" 12 to 16 year old cars out there. Especially for under $3000. Visit carcomplaints.com and research those Audis that you're interested in. Then once you find an actual car, run a Carfax or other vehicle history report. Multiple owners, accidents, and frequent repairs for the same problem are all red flags. If you're not car savvy have the car inspected by a professional. I've used lemonsquad.com in the past. For $150 they'll go over the car with a fine toothed comb and report back to you any issues they find. Good luck with your first car. HTH. -Jim

anything that old you have to really look hard at. That inculdes checking the timing belt and heads and if there is any leaks find out hwere they are. The a4 was a much better modal then the a6 and the TT was a horror show of dash electronics since the dash unit commanly goes out and requires 1500$ worth of repairs.