Lemon

Asked by Mar 11, 2017 at 09:32 AM

I bought this car from a buy here pay here and I
took the car through emissions and It failed. With
the car being bought as an as is vehicle. Does the
lemon law apply to me

257,635

No, Sorry, 'As-Is' is just that. Buyer beware especially at the buy here pay here place, as they don't get the best maintained vehicles to keep the purchase prices down. The lemon law applies to new vehicles only. You'll need to repair the vehicle to pass inspection at your own expense.

110,775

There is a sucker born every day

23,475

like Tom said, the Lemon Law only applies to new cars- your only recourse is what the cowboys in the old West did when they bought a horse that died a few days later- six-shooter justice

70,915

If you're in NJ and the vehicle is less than 10 model years old and has less than 100,000 it must pass State inspection under NJ State law. Otherwise you're on your own. HTH. -Jim