Lemon history

Asked by Apr 18, 2017 at 02:18 PM

I know the answer, but I really want the car I saw on Car Guru, but it has a
Lemon History notated.  I should walk away, right?

79,555

Yes. Walk away. Why do you want it? Because it is cheap? That cheap may become expensive due to hidden problems.

70,945

I wouldn't buy it. Year's ago a friend bought a late model Thunderbird that had been branded a lemon because of the brakes. No biggie, he said, until he couldn't get the low, spongy brake pedal fixed. We bled the brakes several times, and nothing. He took it to several different shops, including two Ford dealers. For whatever reason the brakes on that car were never right. He traded it in before it was paid for. Usually vehicles are branded as a lemon for good reason. Steer clear and keep shopping!! HTH. -Jim