I HAVE A 1999 INFI. Q45 THAT WENT INTO A SKID ON PATCH OF WATER - IN TRYING TO STRAIGHTEN IT I EVIDENTLY OVERCOMPENSATED AND IT WENT INTO CRAZY SKIDDING, OFF THE ROAD AND UPSIDE DOWN IN A DEEP WAYER-FILLED IRRIGATION DITCH - I WAS HANGING UPSIDEDOWN IMMERSED IN WATER UNTIL I FOUND THE SEATBELT RELEASE BEFORE TOO LATE - WAS SAVED BY PEOPLE WHO SAW WHAT HAPPENED AND WERE ABLE TO BREAK THE REAR PASSENGER WINDOW AND PULL ME OUT. MY 1992 OLDS. IS LOWER TO THE GROUND AND I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAVE TURNED OVER - IS THE INFINITY BUILT TOPHEAVY??? CALL ME ON 360-435-6320-OJ SHILINSKI.

Asked by Dec 09, 2015 at 07:35 PM

IS THE '99 INFINITY Q45 BUILT TOP-HEAVY?  IN TRYING TO PULL OUT OF A SKID IT WENT CRAZY BEFORE CAREENING INTO A WATER FILLED IRRIGATION DITCH TURNING UPSIDE DOWN IN THE DITCH. I WAS HANGING COMPLETELY IMMERSED IN WATER AND IF I HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO REACH THE SEAT-BELT RELEASE I WOULDN'T BE HERE. PEOPLE WHO SAW IT BROKE A WINDOW AND PULLED ME OUT - FIRE DEPARTMENT PUT ME ON A STRETCHER AND TOOK ME TO THE HOSPITAL.
I HAVE A 1992 OLDSMOBILE THAT'S BUILT LOWER TO THE GROUND AND I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAVE TURNED OVER LIKE THE INFINITY DID.  
SO I'M ASKING "IS THE INFINITY BUILT TOP-HEAVY?"
I HAVE A FEAR OF BUYING ANOTHER ONE

58,405

First of all,i am not and attorney nor am i giving you legal advice,The Infinity Q 45 is one of the highest saftey rated cars,to say that any other car would have been any different in this would be a guessing game,now on to other questions to help you determine if there was other factors that caused this,your speed,your tires,and next would be was the water in the road from the irragation?

34,535

I think your tires might have been bad and that your ABS might not have been working. The Q45 is not top heavy and handles pretty well. Any car will turn over if you hit a ditch sideways.

34,535

I suspect you might not be here today if you had been driving a lesser car. There must have been a Highway Patrol investigation. What did it say?

31,455

SUV type vehicles have a higher center of gravity by the nature of their design. Not sure why you went into a skid, maybe driving too fast for conditions, tires with insufficient thread, etc. You can't blame the vehicle for going upside down in a water filled ditch. Consider yourself lucky and move on.

31,455

Ohh, lose the capital letters. It makes you post hard to read.