I have a 2006 F150. I have a passenger window that won't go back up. I have replaced both switches. It worked fine for about 6 months and now the window is stuck again. Any ideas??

Asked by Feb 08, 2015 at 10:25 PM

660

yeah it wasnt your switch ford is one of the easiest car to fix the switches with out having to buy new ones. they can be taking apart and blown out spray a little electrical contact grease and your golden but your problem more than likely is in the harness going from the door to the body post peel the rubber boot and or remove the cover cap and im sure you will find a broken wire in that loom of wires that provides power to that motor.the easiest way to figure this out is to test the motor with out taking it out just get two longg jumper wires and conect them to the motor and with a good battery see if the motor works you can cross the wires from neg to pos its not going to hurt anything since your bypassing the switch

Best Answer
10,080

I think up and down both have their own fuses, check those too.

Thanks guys, I will try these things out and see what happens. Hopefully it is something simple

It actually was a broken wire Inside that rubber casing you were talking about thank you so much for the advice. I connected the wires back and now works like a charm thank you so much