I have a 1997 Chevy Malibu with 116,000 miles. If I drive it in the neighborhood and back and forth to work about 14 miles round trip, it works fine. But if I go about 20-25 miles, it will just lose power and stop. i turn it off and let it sit for a few moments and then it will start back up and drive again. The longer it sits the further I can go. Any thoughts.

Asked by Aug 18, 2015 at 06:56 PM

I have a 1997 Chevy Malibu with 116,000 miles.  If I drive it in the neighborhood and back and forth to work it drives fine.  But if I drive 20-25 miles it will lose power and just stop.   It will start right back up but the longer I let it sit the further it will go.  Any thoughts.  It's not the battery or alternator.

27,075

change the fuel filter first.....