I have a 1989 chevy 1500 2wd the front right brake locked up I changed the cal and the master cendler and it is still locking up I have beld the brakes all the way around about 7 times and it is still locking up what could it be

Asked by Jan 27, 2015 at 11:23 PM

86,615

Have you changed the brake caliper hose? They can let fluid through one way but not back out. Better change them both.

ok I will do that did not think about that. I can take the line off and the caliper will compress

could it be the porchin valve how ever you spell it

86,615

Not likely as it handles both front brakes at the same time, if a proportioning valve goes bad you loose brakes on one axle, front or rear. I have had this brake hose problem in my shop more times than I can remember, it got so bad at one point that I just started putting hoses on when I replaced calipers.

ok thanks so much I will change them both and it you know if it fixes it thank you