My daughter lost the remote key to her 2006 mazda. We found a place to replace the key, however when trying to program the new key the code was not available due to an error in the VIN, how can this be fixed?

Asked by Dec 03, 2014 at 09:25 PM

7,460

This works on most Mazda 3's Insert the first working key into the key slot and turn the ignition to ON. Wait about 5 seconds, then remove the key. Insert the second working key into the key slot and turn the ignition to ON. Wait about 5 seconds, then remove the key. Insert your new/spare key into the key slot and turn the ignition to ON. Wait about 5 seconds, then turn to OFF. This should add that key’s information to the onboard computer and allow it to start the car.

Best Answer

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH

7,460

And thank you Those Keys and remotes are available on Ebay I can help you find them and program the remotes if you want A blank key (you can get it cut at Home Depot) and remote are about $25 for both