2002 grand am front Sturt's

Asked by Oct 03, 2014 at 06:55 PM

Going to install front strut's on my 2002 grand am. Getting the strut's with the
spring already attached to it from the parts store. This is my first time doing
this. Watched a video on how to do this. Any input you can give me would be
great.

19,650

Go slow, take your time, and use jack stands if you are not able to use a lift. It's not that hard to do if you have air tools. Might need an extra pair of hands while putting it back together and an alignment when you're done. Not positive on the alignment though.

115

Jack the front of the car up just far enough for the tires to get off the floor and put jack stands under the the frame where the jack plate is . chock rear tires in front and back . let jack down and take off front tires let the a arm and strut assembly hang freely that should take enough pressure off the spring for you to pull it out one you take the tower nutt off the top and the two bolts off bottom . put the new one back same way .