Used cruise control for first time car shut down towed it home I turn the key and it just sounds like its spinning all fluids are ok

Asked by Aug 25, 2014 at 03:22 AM

Had some overheating problems but bled the system all seemed ok.It did red line 2xs but I blasted the heater & shut her down topped of the coolant bled it again.  Driving home I used the cruise control for the first time and poof total shut down had to wait for a tow truck. My oils clear fluids are fine but it just sounds like the starters spinning when I try to start it. Some one said I overheated it to much and need to replace my motor I say BS any ideas

35,645

1) What year make and model? 2) Is the starter turning the engine over? 3) Your friend may not be far off the mark.

2002 pt cruiser its not catching at all