Here is the problem ford f150 2003 5.4 L automatic electronic 4x4 driving at 60 km and lost all gears plus park. Is this a tcase problem or a tranny issue. There are no cracks or leaks on either

30

Asked by Aug 22, 2014 at 11:55 PM

30

Also I grinds when I try to put it into gear. Fuse 23 is good

34,165

Dose the gear shift feel lose or is there any resistance?

Best Answer
94,845

That sounds like a transfer case problem. Is it an AWD case or a full select one?

30

Gear shift feels very lose and it is a full select one

30

While running shifts all gears. While shifting into each gear the engine revs up and stays at that idal but wont engauge no grinding . Switch 4x4 on light go's on but engauge. As soon as I put it into park grinding under driver side

94,845

The grinding is the parking pawl chattering on the lock late in the trans, that tells me that the output shaft is turning, so your problem is in the transfer case, are you sure the transfer case in not stuck in neutral?

30

Wish I knew how to tell. Any idea how to trouble shot that.

30

Started it switched 4x4 on everything is the same. Just wont come out of neutral .

94,845

You could pull off the transfer case shift motor and manually turn the actuator shaft on the transfer case, see if it turns and engages internally. if it works then there is something wrong with the transfer case shift motor or control circuit.

30

K just searched on line on how to pull the shift motor . Thank u for your advise and ill definitely post back with the results. Thanks again.