While driving the brake pedel lost all tension and went to the floor. Brake fluid full. No leaks whatsoever. Have never had this problem before. And i belive it is two wheel drive since its a stick.

10

Asked by Jun 05, 2014 at 10:52 AM about the 1992 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL Sedan

92 saturn sedan.  All fluids good. Stick
shift. Not sure if its an SL OR A SL1.  Its
my sons car

1,295

Its a possibility that its your brake booster.

10

Would the brake booster be th same as the mater cylinder?

1,515

can you pump the brakes to make the pedal feel firm again?

10

No not without grasping it with my toes to lift it back up and then you hear air in the line like your bleeding the breaks. But little to no pressure is regained. I need to get it home a.s.a.p. i left it at a gas station for safetys sake.

1,515

The master cylinder has gone out. You cannot drive that car in that condition. You will end up using the car in front of you to stop.

10

Ok i know this, it has been parked since it hit the floor. On another count when looking with a second person we noticed that the master cylinder/ booster moves torward when brake pedal is pressed. Darn it i am at loss. Still no leaks, break fluid full and only grabs the break when not started. A little help with this vehicle please. What do i change first the booster or the master cylinder?

1,515

Are you saying the whole assembly physically moves toward the front of the car when the pedal is depressed?

10

Yep like its being nudged forward. Not completely out. Like the quarter panel is warped maybe. Not a large movement. Maybe the main gasket that conects the assembly went out?

1,515

If you can take a video of it, that would help immensely. It sounds like its coming loose from the firewall.

10

I cant i left it parked at a large convinece store for safetys sake but that what it looks like to me. Like its coming detached from the fire wall. Not very much but it is. You still hear like air in the line like when u bleed the brakes.